Compare B Current
B is powered by Clydesdale Bank & Yorkshire Bank, who offer lots of other current accounts with all sorts of different benefits. So, we thought it might help you decide if B is the one for you, by seeing how they all compare.
Choose from the range of current accounts by Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank
Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank offer a variety of accounts, from standard facilities to more benefits and management features. The table below can help you make an informed choice. Terms and conditions apply. All accounts are subject to status and eligibility.
All current accounts come with a debit card, optional cheque book and give you access our mobile, telephone and internet banking. For B you will get an app that you can use with your compatible smartphone and tablet. Remember you’ll need to use both to get the full list of B functions.
|Current account features||B||Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank Signature Current Account||Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank Current Account Control|
|Monthly fee||has no monthly fee||has a monthly fee of thirteen pounds and fifty pence£13.50||has a monthly fee of seven pounds and fifty pence£7.50|
|Minimum age||has a minimum age of sixteen16||has a minimum age of eighteen18||has a minimum age of eighteen18|
|B app||Yes includes the B app||does not include the B app||does not include the B app|
|Apple Pay||Yes supports Apple Pay||Yes supports Apple Pay||Yes supports Apple Pay|
|Android Pay||Yes supports Android Pay||Yes supports Android Pay||Yes supports Android Pay|
|Interest paid on credit balances up to £2,000||Yes pays interest on credit balances of up to £2,000||does not pay interest on credit balances of up to two thousands pounds||does not pay interest on credit balances of up to two thousands pounds|
|Linked savings account available||Yes (Compulsory) has a compulsory linked savings account available||Yes has a linked savings account available||Yes has a linked savings account available|
|Planned borrowing(Monthly planned usage fee and debit interest apply)||Yes includes Planned borrowing||Yes includes Planned borrowing||Yes includes Planned borrowing|
|Unplanned borrowing(Daily unplanned borrowing fee applies)||Yes includes Unplanned borrowing||Yes includes Unplanned borrowing||does not include Unplanned borrowing|
|Planned and unplanned borrowing grace days||Yes includes Planned and unplanned borrowing grace days||does not include Planned and unplanned borrowing grace days||does not include Planned and unplanned borrowing grace days|
|Returned item fee||Yes includes a Returned Item Fee||Yes includes a Returned Item Fee||- does not include a Returned Item Fee|
|Fee cap||Yes includes a Fee Cap||Yes includes a Fee Cap||does not include a Fee Cap|
|Monthly cap on unarranged overdraft charges (also known as monthly maximum charge)||Yes includes a Monthly Cap||Yes includes a Monthly Cap||does not include a Monthly Cap|
|Offset mortgage facilities||Yes includes Offset mortgage facilities||Yes includes Offset mortgage facilities||Yes includes Offset mortgage facilities|
|Worldwide travel insuranceUnderwritten by AIG Europe Ltd||does not include Worldwide travel insurance||Yes includes Worldwide travel insurance||does not include Worldwide travel insurance|
|UK breakdown cover Provided by Green Flag and underwritten by UK Insurance Ltd||does not include UK breakdown cover||Yes includes UK breakdown cover||does not include UK breakdown cover|
|Mobile phone insurance Underwritten by London General Insurance Company Ltd||does not include Mobile phone insurance||Yes includes Mobile phone insurance||does not include Mobile phone insurance|
|Gadget insuranceUnderwritten by London General Insurance Company Ltd||does not include Gadget insurance||Yes includes Gadget insurance||does not include Gadget insurance|
|ID Defender||B does not include ID Defender||Yes includes ID Defender||does not include ID Defender|
|My Signature Rewards||does not include My Signature Rewards||Yes includes My Signature Rewards||does not include My Signature Rewards||does not include My Signature Rewards|
|Find out more about Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank’s current accounts|
Some other accounts available
A basic bank account, available to customers aged 16 years and over who aren’t able to get one of our standard current accounts. This account may still be an option for customers experiencing financial difficulties.
Private Current Account
Our Private Current Account is available to individuals with annual earnings of at least £75,000, joint incomes of £100,000, or investable assets of £100,000. Monthly fee of £25 and secures the service of a dedicated relationship manager.
1. Both a B Current and B Instant Savings account must be opened at the same time and both held to take full advantage of all the features of the accounts and the B app. You'll need a compatible smartphone and tablet to use all of B's functions. ↩
3. Planned borrowing (subject to status) is when you have agreed an overdraft limit with us on your current account, allowing you to continue to make payments up to the value of your agreed overdraft limit. A monthly planned usage fee is applied each month you use planned borrowing greater than the value of the planned borrowing buffer amount. ↩
4. Unplanned borrowing happens when you exceed the amount available in your account (including any agreed overdraft); a daily unplanned borrowing fee is applied on each business day that you are in an unplanned position which is greater than the value of your unplanned borrowing buffer amount. ↩
5. A 2 working day grace period applies before a monthly planned usage fee or a daily unplanned borrowing fee is charged. ↩
6. We have a monthly cap on unplanned borrowing charges. This means you'll never pay more than the cap per month in Daily Unplanned Borrowing and/or Returned Item Fees. ↩
The banking industry definition of monthly cap on unarranged overdraft charges is set out below. Where you see the terms "arranged overdraft" or "unarranged overdraft", those have the same meaning as “planned borrowing” and “unplanned borrowing” as explained in your account terms and conditions and tariff.
- Each current account will set a monthly maximum charge for:
- going overdrawn when you have not arranged an overdraft; or
- going over/past your arranged overdraft limit (if you have one).
- This cap covers any:
- interest and fees for going over/past your arranged overdraft limit;
- fees for each payment your bank allows despite lack of funds; and
- fees for each payment your bank refuses due to lack of funds.
Where can we take you?
B’s powered by Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank. Choose which site you’d like to visit for more information.
You can check whether you opted for Clydesdale or Yorkshire Bank on your statement, or you can tell by the number on your B bank card. If it starts 557351, you opted for Clydesdale Bank. If it starts 557349, you opted for Yorkshire Bank.