Ready to get B?
This is what B can offer you. An amazing app, a current and a savings account. Together at last.
The B app
A clever, intuitive app that can learn and grow as you use it, to help you manage your money.
With B Current, you get a rate of 0.50% AER (0.50% gross per annum variable) paid monthly on your credit balances up to £2,000*.
B Instant Savings
B Instant Savings account with unlimited deposits gives you a 0.75% AER, (0.75% gross p.a. variable) paid quarterly on all credit balances*.
Important things you need to know
- B is available for anyone from the age of 16. If you want to apply online, you’ll need to be at least 18. Subject to status.
- You may need your passport, driving licence or national ID card to apply.
- If you would like an overdraft and you're 18 or older, you can apply online (sole applicants only), by phone or in branch. Subject to status
- To access your B app, you’ll need to register for telephone and internet banking.
- You can cancel your agreement with us within 14 days of your account being approved. Just phone or contact any branch. Once you’ve cancelled, you have 30 days to repay any debit balance, interest and fees owing.
To use the B app features, please check that you have a compatible tablet or mobile.
Looking for a joint account? We only need one of you to get the ball rolling. Tell us about yourself first and we’ll ask the other party for their details later.
Before you apply for B, please check out the other current accounts available. Just to make sure you choose the right one for you.
No monthly account fee. Yes, really.
Want to open a B account?
Or convert an existing Clydesdale or Yorkshire Bank Account?
Been here before?
Click here to complete your saved application
Looking to switch to B?
It couldn't be any easier to switch to the B Current account. Switching is covered by the Current account switch guarantee and it'll all be done quickly and easily.
*AER (Annual Equivalent Rate) is the equivalent rate if the interest was paid and compounded once a year. Gross rate interest is the interest payable without taking account of any tax payable. Credit interest is calculated daily on the cleared credit balance in your account. From 6th April 2016 we no longer deduct tax from any interest earned, following the introduction of a Personal Savings Allowance. If you earn interest over your Personal Savings Allowance you will be required to pay any tax due directly to HM Revenue and Customs. Please visit www.gov.uk (opens in a new window) for more information.