Compare B Current
B is powered by Clydesdale Bank & Yorkshire Bank, who offer lots of other current accounts with all sorts of different benefits. So, we thought it might help you decide if B Current is the one for you, by seeing how they all compare.
Choose from the range of current accounts by B, Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank
B, Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank offer a variety of accounts, from standard facilities to more benefits and management features. The table below can help you make an informed choice. Terms and conditions apply. All accounts are subject to status and eligibility.
All current accounts come with a debit card, optional cheque book and give you access our mobile, telephone and internet banking. Whether you open your account with B, Clydesdale Bank, or Yorkshire Bank, you can download a dedicated app. The B app comes with additional features to use with your compatible smartphone or tablet.
|Current account features||B Current Account||Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank Signature Current Account||Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank Current Account Control|
|Monthly Fee for Maintaining The Account||has no monthly fee for maintaining the account||has a monthly fee for maintaining the account of thirteen pounds and fifty pence£13.50||has a monthly fee for maintaining the account of seven pounds and fifty pence£7.50|
|Minimum age||has a minimum age of sixteen16(18+ online)||has a minimum age of eighteen18||has a minimum age of eighteen18|
|B app||Yes includes the B app||does not include the B app||does not include the B app|
|Apple Pay||Yes supports Apple Pay||Yes supports Apple Pay||Yes supports Apple Pay|
|Google Pay||Yes supports Android Pay||Yes supports Android Pay||Yes supports Android Pay|
|Interest paid on credit balances up to £2,000||Yes pays interest on credit balances of up to £2,000||does not pay interest on credit balances of up to two thousands pounds||does not pay interest on credit balances of up to two thousands pounds|
|Linked savings account available||Yes (Compulsory) has a compulsory linked savings account available||Yes has a linked savings account available||Yes has a linked savings account available|
|Arranged overdraft(Subject to status. Monthly Arranged Overdraft Fee and debit interest apply)||Yes includes Arranged overdraft||Yes includes Arranged overdraft||Yes includes Arranged overdraft|
|Unarranged overdraft(Daily Unarranged Overdraft Fee applies)||Yes includes Unarranged overdraft||Yes includes Unarranged overdraft||does not include Unarranged overdraft|
|Arranged and unarranged overdraft grace days||Yes includes Arranged and unarranged overdraft grace days||does not include Arranged and unarranged overdraft grace days||does not include Arranged and unarranged overdraft grace days|
|Refusing A Payment Due to Lack of Funds Fee||Yes includes a Refusing a payment due to lack of funds Fee||Yes includes a Refusing a payment due to lack of funds Fee||- does not include a Refusing apayment due to lack of funds Fee|
|Fee cap||Yes includes a Fee Cap||Yes includes a Fee Cap||does not include a Fee Cap|
|Monthly cap on Unarranged Overdraft Charges (also known as Monthly Maximum Charge)||Yes includes a Monthly Cap||Yes includes a Monthly Cap||does not include a Monthly Cap|
|Offset mortgage facilities||Yes includes Offset mortgage facilities||Yes includes Offset mortgage facilities||Yes includes Offset mortgage facilities|
|Worldwide travel insuranceProvided by American International Group UK Limited||does not include Worldwide travel insurance||Yes includes Worldwide travel insurance||does not include Worldwide travel insurance|
|UK breakdown cover Provided by Green Flag and underwritten by U K Insurance Ltd||does not include UK breakdown cover||Yes includes UK breakdown cover||does not include UK breakdown cover|
|Mobile phone insurance Provided by Lifestyle Services Group Ltd and underwritten by Assurant General Insurance Ltd||does not include Mobile phone insurance||Yes includes Mobile phone insurance||does not include Mobile phone insurance|
|Gadget insuranceProvided by Lifestyle Services Group Ltd and underwritten by Assurant General Insurance Ltd||does not include Gadget insurance||Yes includes Gadget insurance||does not include Gadget insurance|
|ID DefenderProvided by Lifestyle Services Group Ltd||B does not include ID Defender||Yes includes ID Defender||does not include ID Defender|
|My Signature Rewards||does not include My Signature Rewards||Yes includes My Signature Rewards||does not include My Signature Rewards|
|Find out more about Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank’s current accounts|
Some other accounts available
A basic bank account, available to customers aged 16 years and over who aren’t able to get one of our standard current accounts. This account may still be an option for customers experiencing financial difficulties.
Private Current Account
Our Private Current Account is available to individuals with annual earnings of at least £75,000, joint incomes of £100,000, or investable assets of £100,000. Access is through our private banking service which has a monthly fee to maintain the account of £25 and includes access to a private manager. Subject to status and eligibility. 18+. T&Cs apply.
1. Both a B Current and B Instant Savings account must be opened at the same time and both held to take full advantage of all the features of the accounts and the B app.↩
3. Arranged overdraft (subject to status) is when you have arranged an overdraft limit with us on your current account, allowing you to continue to make payments up to the value of your arranged overdraft limit. A Monthly Arranged Overdraft Fee is applied each month you use arranged overdraft greater than the value of the Arranged Overdraft Buffer Amount. More information about overdrafts.↩
4. Unarranged overdraft happens when we allow a payment despite a lack of funds in your account (including any arranged overdraft); a Daily Unarranged Overdraft Fee is applied on each business day that you are in an unarranged overdraft which is greater than the value of your Unarranged Overdraft Buffer Amount. More information about overdrafts. ↩
6. We have a Monthly Cap on Unarranged Overdraft Charges. This means you'll never pay more than the cap per month in Daily Unarranged Overdraft and/or Refusing A Payment Due To Lack Of Fund Fees. More information about overdrafts. ↩
- Each current account will set a monthly maximum charge for:
- going overdrawn when you have not arranged an overdraft; or
- going over/past your arranged overdraft limit (if you have one).
- This cap covers any:
- interest and fees for going over/past your arranged overdraft limit;
- fees for each payment your bank allows despite lack of funds; and
- fees for each payment your bank refuses due to lack of funds.
Where can we take you?
B’s powered by Clydesdale Bank and Yorkshire Bank. Choose which site you’d like to visit for more information.
You can check whether you opted for Clydesdale or Yorkshire Bank on your statement, or you can tell by the number on your B bank card. If it starts 557351, you opted for Clydesdale Bank. If it starts 557349, you opted for Yorkshire Bank.