What’s it all about?
Studio B is a new creative space on Kensington High St in London. It’s been designed to inspire innovators who have ideas to improve modern life.
That’s what this prize of a rent-free year in London is for too. We want to give someone a real opportunity to change their future.
So that’s the plan. And along with the rent-free year in a penthouse apartment, however much money the winner saves up in those 12 months, we’ll match in cash up to £24,000.
End the year with up to £48,000!
The winner will move into the Studio B penthouse apartment on Kensington Church Street where they will live rent free for a year. As we’ve said already, over and above this, we’ll also match the amount the winner saves up in that year up to £24,000. In the end, it could add up to a healthy amount (so if you can save £24,000 of your own, you could have £48,000 in total) and could even be used as a deposit towards your very own property.
How the competition works
Of course, we wouldn’t give away a prize this big without asking for a little bit of effort up front. But we hope it’ll be fairly fun too.
We’re asking all entrants to pile down to the new Studio B space on Kensington High Street from 7am on 27th April. Be there early as spaces are limited! The first bit of the competition (which lasts until 10am) will be questions about the property market. Then, the top nine finalists will be asked to take part in a series of practical ‘homeowner challenges’ – including DIY, cooking and gardening skills.
The challenges will go on into the afternoon, and will be judged by celebrity guests. As you’d expect, there are terms and conditions (PDF, opens in a new window), so have a read of those before you come along, and you’ll need to bring your passport for ID.
What if you win?
Well, first of all – hurray! If you’re the winner, you’ll be told before the end of the 27th April, and can move into the apartment from 27th May. That means you’d have a month to get organised and arrange all your packing.
If you’re feeling confident, you can view the licence agreement for occupation (PDF, opens in a new window).
How to enter
Turn up on the day
Just head down to Studio B (154 – 158 Kensington High Street, London W8 7R) from 7am until 10am on 27th April. You might want to get there a bit before 7am – we’re expecting a bit of a queue and cannot guarantee that everyone will get a place in the competition (see below about that bit!)
Jump the queue
With a year rent-free in Kensington up for grabs, it might get a little bit busy on the morning of the 27th, so we’re offering one lucky person the chance to win a ‘Queue-jumper’ ticket and be guaranteed a place in the first part of the competition (the property market questions) – just make sure you’re there between 7am and 10am.
Even better, we’ll cover the transport costs of the Queue-jumper, and even pay for accommodation if you don’t live in London (UK only though – we can’t fly you in from just anywhere!).
Important things you need to know
- Entries for the Queue-jumper competition must be between 11am on Monday 10th April and 11.59pm on Tuesday 18th April
- The Studio B competition will run from 7am to 2pm on Thursday 27th April
- The prize can only be won by a UK resident (excluding Ireland) who’s 18 or over
- All entrants must appear in person, be in full time employment or self-employed and be eligible to work in the UK (excluding Ireland). Entrants must be able to evidence this on the day.
- The 2nd occupant must be over 18 years old
- The winner cannot already hold a mortgage or own a property. The winner must be willing to open a B Current and Instant Savings account
- Neither the on the day or Queue-jumper competitions are open to employees or associates of Clydesdale Bank PLC
- On competition day, only one entrant per household is allowed
- If entering the Queue-jumper competition, only one entry is allowed per social media account
- If entrant progress to the second stage of the competition, they must be able to provide a reference letter from a previous employer or landlord and other criteria on the day.
Get reminders and follow news about the competitions on B’s social channels (see Stay Social below).
This blog is a bit of fun and not intended to influence your decisions in any way. The content of the blog is reliable at the time of publishing, but we can’t guarantee that it is neither error nor omission free, beyond our knowledge. The links are there for you to explore if you wish, but we don’t have any connection with the third party sites, nor responsibility for them or their content.