A brilliant new view on everyday banking
Doing your everyday banking with B is simple. Whether you're out and about having fun, buying a pair of shoes online, or transferring money to a friend, B makes paying effortless.
Because the B app’s been designed around secure technologies, you can trust it to protect you and your money.
With B, your single login is secure. So there’s no messing around with extra passwords and PINs just for everyday banking tasks.
And with MasterCard SecureCode™, you’re also protected when you shop online.
Moving your money around
If you’re moving money between your B accounts, the funds will be transferred immediately. If you’re moving money to or from another financial company, things might take a little longer. So please do allow time for the money to go into your account.
Ways you can pay
You can pay using your B debit card, a standing order, Direct Debit, cheque, future dated or immediate payment. It’s up to you. You’ll just need to have enough money in your account on the date the payment’s going to be made – or make sure it’s at least covered by an overdraft. Overdraft subject to status and eligibility.
If you make a payment on a weekend or bank holiday, it will go through on the next working day. Please also remember to put in the right details for who you want to pay. If you don’t, the money may go into the wrong account, and it might not be possible to get it back.
Make payments in no time
With B, you can use Faster Payments to quickly send and receive money to and from your B Current account
- Payments usually arrive within two hours and no later than the end of the next working day1
- Make payments through the app, web or phone2
- Faster Payments can be made at virtually any time3
- To find out more and check if you can send a Faster Payment, visit the Faster Payments (opens in a new window) website.
- 1 This service may be temporarily unavailable during periods of routine maintenance.
- 2 For payments processed by the team at B over the telephone or within the B app, the limit is £25,000. For telephone banking and payments made via IVR, the limit is £5,000. Please be aware that each bank or building society has its own limits for Faster Payments which can vary from time to time. So if you need to guarantee same day payment, you should consider using CHAPS (fee applicable, please contact your branch).
- 3 Payments will only be processed through the Faster Payments Service if both the bank and/or building society sending and receiving the payment are participants of the scheme.
Staying clear of fees
B’s full of features that can help you avoid charges.
If you make the most of things like budgeting and sweeps, you can be ready for anything the month might throw at you. (And remember, if you do go into your overdraft, B gives you 2 working days per calendar month to sort things out before you’re charged a fee.)
Preparing for payments
If you have Direct Debits and standing orders, you could schedule them right after payday to get the bigger payments out of the way and give you a clear view of your money for the rest of the month.
If you do have automatic payments, to avoid fees you’ll need to make sure the money is in your account by 3pm on the day the payment is due. If you’ve set up payments by telephone banking, funds for those need to be in your account by 5am on the payment date.More on B rates & fees