Ever had a cheque tucked away in your purse or wallet for ages? Depositing them isn’t always very handy, is it?
Well those paper-bound pounds are about to be liberated, with new easy-peasy mobile cheque depositing built right into your B app! Please read the terms below.
Snap, send, kerching!
No need to go into the bank – Now you can just take a pick of both sides of the cheque and send it through your app online.
Funds clear faster – No more waiting for your money: cheques clear by the end of the next working day. See footnote  for exclusions
Deposit cheques from anywhere – Working or travelling abroad? Depositing a Sterling cheque via your mobile will work there too.
Your 8-step cheque-list
Here’s a step-by-step guide to mobile cheque depositing – just in case you want something to refer to the first time you use it.
- Tap on the account you wish to deposit into, tap the menu in the top right corner and choose ‘Deposit a cheque’
- Enter the cheque amount and press ‘Next’
- If it’s your first time, you’ll be asked to let the app access your camera. Hit ‘Allow’ to continue.
- You’ll be shown how to frame a photo of the cheque. Once it’s all lined up, the B app will automatically take the shot for you. Then press the forward arrow to continue.
- Confirm you’re happy with the photo or try again. Just make sure all the cheque details show clearly.
- Press ‘Snap the back’ then turn your cheque over and repeat steps 4 and 5 for the back of the cheque.
- The summary screen will confirm the cheque amount and show you a preview of the photos. Everything good? Press ‘Pay in your cheque’. Something not quite right? Hit ‘Cancel’ and start again.
- Done! You’ll get an on-screen confirmation, and we’ll do a few ‘cheque checks’. If everything’s fine at our end, we’ll send you a quick text and pass the cheque on to the payer’s bank.
Know the small print
We’ve designed the service to be as simple as possible, but here are a few things to know before you use it.
For now, you can only use the service to deposit cheques signed no longer than 6 months ago, up to £500 and into your B Current Account and B Instant Savings Account.
Most banks are part of the scheme, but there may be certain cheques we can’t accept. We’ll let you know if there’s a problem though.
 If you deposit the cheque by mobile after 5pm, clearing won’t start till the next working day. Cheques submitted on a Friday will usually clear by Monday.
Send your cheque on a weekday and funds will clear by 23:59 (at the latest) on the next working day. Remember though, bank holidays don’t count as official working days.
Ready to explore what B can do?
- Smart budgeting
- Saving made simple
- Know your spending better